Interviewed by The Success Today – A Digital Webzine.
Could you tell us about yourself and your work?
I am a self-directed Edupreneur with a passionate commitment to career development and personality enhancement. As a soft skills trainer, I have accumulated an extensive 15+ years of experience spanning educational research, delivering presentations, seminars and workshops for corporate, working executives, housewives, college students and children.
In addition to acquiring a post-graduate diploma in Business Administration (HR) and a Master’s Degree in Information Technology, I have also completed a Master’s Diploma in Training. I am a certified NLP Practitioner and Life Coach as well.
I have conducted in-campus skill enhancement sessions for prestigious educational institutions and corporates. As an avid entrepreneur, I run my own soft skills grooming school – Portfolio, at Adambakkam, Chennai.
I believe in women’s equality and always emphasize that professionalism is applicable both at home
and work. I also believe in giving back to the community and hence actively volunteer myself in various developmental activities. Being a musician and public speaker, I have performed in several music concerts and have delivered speeches for various forums.
How you and your service is helping society?
We are skilled in designing challenging, enriching and innovative activities that address the diverse
interests and needs of students/ working executives and housewives to:
• Empower them with strong communication skills to speak fluently and effectively and write impressively
• Create a positive self-image and gear up for competitive situations to enhance one’s personality
• Groom their interpersonal skills including Resume writing, Creating success in an interview, Non-verbal communication, Group Discussion, Business etiquette, Time management skills, Presentation skills and Leadership skills.
Our unique feature in business model and partner services include tailor-made programs for organizations and In-campus programs on a need basis including induction programs for new joiners.
What is the USP of your work?
Our USP of work includes:
• Creating and delivering custom-made programs to our students and partners after making a careful individual assessment to identify their strengths and understand the areas of improvement to cater to their requirements in the training.
• Creating a congenial environment and ambiance using interactive sessions to realise the significance of life skills and demonstrate to ingeniously face real-world challenges.
What are your vision and mission?
Vision: We aim to take consultancy services to new dimensions.
Career partnering for our clients would be our prime focus.
Mission: We would identify ourselves with counseling, mentoring and partnering for students and working executives thereby enriching their career portfolios.
We will also offer soft skills training to housewives and businessmen and are planning to expand into liaisoning for better jobs.
What are your achievements in this industry?
“Successful entrepreneurs are givers of positive energy”. My experience so far in this industry has made me understand the needed traits for success and a strong ability to identify and improve them. I have coached and mentored more than a thousand parents, working executives and students in building their confidence, self-esteem, better work-life balance and enhancing their skills in personal and professional development.
Creating the Portfolian pledge to evoke the standards in each of us to gain the power towards Self values.
• I believe in myself.
• I’ll be a star and will not settle for less.
• I’ll take responsibility for my actions always.
• I’ll respond and avoid reacting to situations.
• I’ll always talk in a sincere and mature manner looking into the listener’s eyes.
• My words would be heartfelt.
• I pledge to be a positive person and will positively influence everybody around me.
• I’m a true Portfolian.
Penning down the foreword in one of our student’s publications of her anthology is yet another sense of achievement in having inspired and motivated young minds.
Does your work ever feel tedious to you? If so, how do you stay driven & motivated towards it?
My love for my work is intrinsically motivating and I enjoy facing every bit of challenges that arise on a day-to-day basis. They sometimes become overwhelming and require a great deal of motivation to have momentum and focus. I sit back during those times to figure out what is getting my way. Creating a list and dividing my tasks into smaller chunks and converting them into quick little things to accomplish, helps me a lot with a good sense of relief and achievement. I also sometimes take a ride to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
What are your hobbies and specific interests other than your profession?
Music and gardening are my favourites to boost and stimulate my mental health. They are very impactful and strengthen me in keeping myself aligned with my profession in terms of creativity, positivity, nurturing, commitment, focus and absolute mindfulness.
You have achieved so much in life, any specific advice you’d like to share with your readers to grow in life?
Dear readers, it is vital to discover your passion and identify a strong purpose to create a positive change. Enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Believe in yourselves and be responsible for the transformation you wish to see in society.
Read more interviews:
Website : https://thesuccesstoday.com/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/thesuccesstoday