Interviewed by The Success Today – A Digital Webzine
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your business.
I am Saima Sheikh, a social influencer. I work as a print shoot model and have done several commercials for firms like JK Papers, Punjab National Bank and Cadbury Temptations. I am the face of several companies like Vedapure, Organic Greens, Wise Cream, Lotus Herbals, Oh So Sweet, Nutricare Life Sciences and many more. I am the Brand Ambassador of the Luxury Aesthetic Skin Clinic, located in Pancsheel Park. I have worked for NDTV Good Times, Velvet Tree and have also done an album with T-Series. Further, I am planning to work on a web series.
I have also walked the ramp. I have walked as the show-stopper for the Australian brand Istri. I have also done the Delhi Runway Week as the show stopper for Rohit Dogra.
- What is the role of your family in your achievements?
My family has always been very supportive. They are aware of my dedication to my career and have always pushed me to fly high.
- What is your ultimate aim as a model/actor? How have you created a new path in your profession?
I want to work for even bigger brands. I aim to work on the big screen now. I work hard and do not limit myself. Be it modelling, acting, ramp walks or beauty pageants, I try to avail all the different opportunities that come my way.
- What was the one thing that had first persuaded you to enter into this field of industry?
I have always wanted to become an actor. I remember telling my Granny how much I wanted to work in Bollywood. Being from a filmy background (cousin to Amir Khan), the passion for acting or modelling only heightened, until I made my dream come true. However, I aim to reach even greater heights.
- With such cut-throat competition in this industry, what is it that makes the services you offer exceptional?
My passion for the work I do is what sets me apart. This is what drives me to work restlessly and achieve my endless goals.
- Your achievements in this industry are more than impressive. Would you like to highlight some of them?
I have been rewarded for my work with several acknowledgements. I have had the honour to receive many prestigious awards in the industry like the ‘Sarojini Naidu Award’ and the ‘Sashakt Naari Award’. I was awarded the ‘Promising India Award’ by Ruhi Ganguly, the granddaughter of our former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee. I have also been awarded by organizations like MMFF and IHRO. I have got a lifetime membership in Global Film Festival by Mr Sandeep Marwa.
- Does your work ever feel tedious to you? If so, how do you stay driven and motivated towards it?
My work has never felt unexciting to me for what I do is my passion.
- What are your hobbies and specific interests other than your profession?
To keep myself fit for the profession I take proper care of my skin, hair and beauty. Other than my work, I love gym-ming, swimming, singing and travelling.
- You have achieved so much in such a little time. Is there any specific advice that you’d like to share with the newbies in this industry?
I believe determination, patience and hard work are the keys to success.