Interviewed by The Success Today – A Digital Webzine.
Could you tell us about yourself and your work?
I am a Pediatrician and a Child Development Specialist. I am currently working with Apollo Clinic, Sohna Road. I have a dual role where I treat General Paediatrics patients and Children with Developmental concerns.
I am a graduate of Lady Hardinge Medical College. I completed my M.D in Pediatrics from the University of Mumbai. I was awarded the IPTS Fellowship by the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, London. It was here that I became passionately interested in Developmental Pediatrics.
On my return, I trained in this field under the mentorship of Dr Sharmila at Kalawati Saran Hospital. I did an online certification in Child Development and Early Intervention at CCDD, Bangalore.
How you and your service is helping society?
Health is a fundamental right of children, and The Apollo group is making a considerable contribution to society in this area.
We provide treatment for illness, preventive health checks, supplementation, vaccination, nutritional advice, health education and counselling at nominal costs.
In the U.K, I was amazed by the advanced care and respect extended to Children with disabilities. This was a sharp contrast to the conditions in my country, and I am inspired to advocate and expand services for these children. I have done my bit in transforming lives, but it is a drop in the Ocean.
What is the USP of your work?
I guess my USP is my commitment to holistic health for every child. Of late mental and emotional health of children is a concern. So I pre-empt illness with an emphasis on good nutrition, exercise, supplementation, building immunity and minimizing stress.
I provide end-to-end solutions in Developmental Pediatrics. Assessment and diagnosis are made everywhere.
We work on an Individualized Education Plan for each child and Parental training in addition to therapy. My team is on the floor, teaching parents how to work with the kids. We “own” our patients and walk with them until they can attend a mainstream school.
What are your Vision and Mission?
Our vision is to be the premier model of treatment for children with speech and language challenges and learning differences too:
• prepare our children to be confident members of their communities
• shape the way our children are perceived by society
• build a foundation for life for our patients
Mission: A high standard of Pediatric care for all children.
Early diagnosis and Early intervention for differently abled children and those with speech challenges.
What are your achievements in this industry?
• Manage outpatient clinics with a patient base of 30 to 50 patients.
• Creation of Individual Education programs(IEP)for children with developmental challenges
• Monitor the physical growth and developmental progress of my patients
• Extensive knowledge of minor childhood illnesses, infectious diseases, and developmental issues
• Responsible for building a new practice in developmental counselling, parental counselling
• Organized seminars, health education programs and workshops for corporate employees
• Managed outreach screening and health check programs at schools in Gurgaon
• Training workshops for nursing and hospital staff on emergency procedures
• Ensure appropriate and necessary treatment plans, medications, and diagnostic testing
• Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention
Does your work ever feel tedious to you? If so, how do you stay driven and motivated toward it?
I love my work. I never find it tedious. However, one needs to be motivated to grow constantly and remain current. For me, that comes from just seeing my patients doing well. It comes from continually seeking to provide solutions for the most challenging cases.
What are your hobbies and specific interests other than your profession?
I am an avid reader. Meditation, Yoga, Writing and prayer are my daily routine. I love swimming, travelling, music, cooking and movies.
You have achieved so much in life. Any specific advice you’d like to share with our readers to grow in life?
As I said, my contribution is a drop in the Ocean. I have been fortunate in my parents, opportunities and mentors. It is also a blessing to be paid for doing what you love.
Thorough knowledge of your subject, humility, kindness and, above all, truth stand in good stead.
Read more interviews: